International strategy in Tottori Uni.

Schedule of Immigration Service in January

for international students
公開日: 2020-12-10

Each month,staff members of the Center for International Affairs and International Affairs Division make applications on behalf of (as agents for) international students/researchers.

However,in January, there will be no application period and applications will be accepted at any time if necessary. Privately financed students who want to work part-time is expected to apply for "Permission to Engage in Activity Other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted" at this time. Working part-time is not recommended for MEXT students, but if it is really necessary, please consult with us.

Please contact us if you have any questions.



Application Period

Application Time

The planned date to go to the Immigration Office

The date when your passport and resident card are expected to be returned to you

opens(until January 5)


Thursday, January 7 

Thursday, January 7

Please come to pick your passport up by January 8

 * While you are submitting your necessary documents which include your passport and resident card, you must carry a copy of the front and back of resident card at all times as your ID.

 **The above planned date to go to the Immigration Office may be rescheduled due to bad weather or other unexpected reasons. (If the date is rescheduled, it will be posted on the website.)

 ***If there are more than 30 applications submitted or if any submitted documents are incomplete, some applications might be declined from being brought to the Immigration Office.

 ****In some cases, you may be contacted by the Immigration Office or required to visit the Immigration Office in person even if you apply through the University.


 (The followings are reference) ※Subject to change

About Immigration Service for Foreign Researchers and International Students 

1. Qualified Applicants

① Foreign Researchers (who are officially admitted as Tottori University's foreign researchers)

② International Students

③ Spouses or children of Foreign Researchers or International Students. (In this case, application for "certificate of eligibility" can only be accepted only when they are going to enter Japan with foreign researchers or International students at the same time.)  

2. IAD and the Center for International Affairs (CIA) will accept the following applications

① Certificate of Eligibility

② Extension of Period of Stay
 (If the applicant is authorized to stay in Japan for six months or longer, the immigration office will start accepting his/her application forms three months before his/her stay period expires)

③ Permission to Engage in Activity Other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted (Part-time work permit)

④ Re-entry Permit

3. Application Period, etc.

Your application forms will be accepted during the "two-day application period" that will be set around a week before the date we will go to Immigration office. If your documents are incomplete, the due date will be set for you to resubmit the complete documents.

 Staff at IAD or faculty members at the Center for International Affairs will go to the Sakaiminato immigration office.

 The total number of applications to bring to the immigration office is limited up to 30. 

 The application period will be posted via our website.