International strategy in Tottori Uni.

Prefectural and City Housing

for international students
公開日: 2021-01-05

Application information (for Tottori area)


Prefectural housing

Details of all prefectral houses in Tottori city

ApplicationTerm: Monday, January 4 - Tuesday, January 12

Place to Apply: Tottori Prefecture Housing Supply Corp. Head Office

Briefing Date and Time: Thursday, January 21 from 10:30am

Briefing Place: Lecture hall (5th floor), Tottori Prefectural East     General Office

*Please accompany someone who can speak Japanese when you apply for the Prefectural housing, if you cannot speak Japanese.

Please think about using the community Volunteer interpreter of Tottori Prefectural International Exchange Foundation, if you cannot find any friends who can help you.
The pre-application for the interpreter is required.

Available housing : Mihagino (3DK・3LDK for family),  Hamasaka (2DK・for single, 3DK・3LDK for family)

City housing







If you are going to apply for the prefectural housing as a single-person household, you can only apply for houses with 2 or less rooms(2DK, 1LDK, 1DK). However you can apply for houses with 3 or more rooms(3DK, 4DK ), if the application is announced for the second time.


Equipment like air conditions or boilers might have been installed by former inhabitants. So, when they break down, no one guarantees them and you have to buy your own new ones if you need. Please listen to their explanation carefully when you make a contract with them.

Applying for the prefectural housing project

In principal, please apply by mail. If you have any questions, please ask the below.

Public agency : Tottori-ken jyutaku kyokyu kousya 
Address: Tanaka biru 4-207 Denen-cho, Tottori-city

Map of Jyutaku kyokyu Kousya

The list of required documents for applying for Tottori-prefecture-run houses


Where to apply for document/remarks

Application for Prefectural Housing

Written promise

Tottori Public Works Office, Building and Housing Division (also click here for downloads.)

Copy of a certificate of residence(It is called "Juminhyo" in Japanese) 

 Tottori City Hall (New Main Bldg.) Citizens Section

Certificate of Enrollment

Educational Affairs Section, Education Support Division, Tottori University

Certificate of Income Tax

 Tottori City Hall (New Main Bldg.) Citizens Section

Copy of rental contract


Please confirm at Tottori-ken jyutaku kyokyu whether you need some other documents besides the above and apply there.

Applying for the city housing project

Office address: Tottori city office, " Kenchikujutaku-ka" section 
71 Saiwai-cho, Tottori-shi
Tel: 0857-30-8371