Immigration Process Re-entry Permit

Re-entry Permit(use the special re-entry permit system)

When you re-enter Japan within 1 year of your department to continue your activities in Japan, you don't need to get a re-entry permit.(Single:3,000 yen, Multiple:4,000 yen), which used to be necessary until July 2012.

A foreign national who intends to depart from Japan with a Special Re-entry Permit must possess a valid passport and a residence card and indicate his/her intention to use the Special Re-entry Permit to an immigration inspector upon departure.

*If your period of stay expires within 1 year after your departure, please ensure that you re-enter Japan before the expiration of your period of stay.