Schedule of Immigration Service in June 2013

公開日: 2013-05-21

The application period of immigration service in June is as follows. 

{Detailed Explanation & Required Documents of Immigration Service: Immigration Control Procedures }

Application documents should be prepared before the application period.

The new Residency management system starts from July 9, 2012. After the system came into effect, even if the University goes to Immigration Office to apply for the extension of period of stay on behalf of its International students, the procedure will take two-three weeks to be completed.
After submitting your applications to the IAD, please come to the IAD to pick your passport and resident card up on the date when they are expected to be returned to you as below. Then please submit your passport and resident card to the IAD on the period of immigration service in July again. If you do not submit your passport and resident card on the designated period in July, you have to go to the Immigration Office to receive your new Visa by yourself.
*The procedure of a permission to engage in an activity other than that permitted under the resident status will be given to you on the same day of applying.
*The re-entry permit system has been changed. Please cleck here for more detail>> 

*If you are not able to apply during the following application period due to your off-campus research, classes or academic conference, etc, please consult the IAD the following application period. We will not accept any applications after the deadline.


Application Period

Application Time

The planned date to go to the Immigration Office

The date when your passport and resident card are expected to be returned to you

Wednesday, June 12 

Thursday, June 13  



June 21 

Monday, June 22 
Please come to pick your passport up by June 28.

 * While you are submitting your necessary documents which include your passport and resident card, you must carry a copy of the front and back of resident card at all times as your ID.

If you submit the application forms to extend your visa period in May, please bring your passport, resident card and Certificate of Payment of Fee with 4,000 worth of “inshi”(revenue stamp) in the above application period; otherwise, you need to go to the immigration office to pick up your renewed visa.

 **The above planned date to go to the Immigration Office may be rescheduled due to bad weather or other unexpected reasons. (If the date is rescheduled, it will be posted on the website.)

 ***If there are more than 30 applications submitted or if any submitted documents are incomplete, some applications might be declined from being brought to the Immigration Office.

 ****In some cases, you may be contacted by the Immigration Office or required to visit the Immigration Office in person even if you apply through the University.


 (The followings are reference)

About Immigration Service for Foreign Researchers and International Students 

1. Qualified Applicants

① Foreign Researchers (who are officially admitted as Tottori University's foreign researchers)

② International Students

③ Spouses or children of Foreign Researchers or International Students. (In this case, application for "certificate of eligibility" can only be accepted only when they are going to enter Japan with foreign researchers or International students at the same time.)  

2. IAD and the Center for International Affairs (CIA) will accept the following applications

① Certificate of Eligibility

② Extension of Period of Stay
 (If the applicant is authorized to stay in Japan for six months or longer, the immigration office will start accepting his/her application forms three months before his/her stay period expires)

③ Permission to Engage in Activity Other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted (Part-time work permit)

④ Re-entry Permit

3. Application Period, etc.

Your application forms will be accepted during the "two-day application period" that will be set around a week before the date we will go to Immigration office. If your documents are incomplete, the due date will be set for you to resubmit the complete documents.

 Staff at IAD or faculty members at the Center for International Affairs will go to the Sakaiminato immigration office.

 The total number of applications to bring to the immigration office is limited up to 30. 

 The application period will be posted via our website.